Sunday, March 06, 2005

Mock Interview

Being in third year of college, it seems we''ve got to prepare myself for Personal Interviews. So we have a stupid communications class every week where they guide you through all this crap. We have mock GD's and stuff in which I participated once. The topic was "Beauty and Media go hand in hand". I talked about Sania Mirza and Anna Kournikova :-)

Last week, the lady who handles this class, gave us many questions - FAQs in Personal Interviews and asked us to prepare ourselves for it. Little did she know that we were already prepared. These are some of the questions and the answers we came out with... :-) [I've added a few out of my own will too]

Tell me about yourself
Promise you'll recruit me even if I tell you about myself?

Promise
No, it's very difficult for you to implement it. I'll let this question pass. Ask my friend who is next on the line. When he gives you the answer, I am sure you'll recruit me.

Any actual work experience?
Buying groceries for my neighbour who has this pretty daughter called Gayathri.

What did you learn from it?
That Gayathri already had a boyfriend.

Why did you choose this career?
Coz your aptitude test was the only one I cleared.

When did you decide on this career?
When I heard the above news.

Describe a situation in which you were succesful.
How many questions are you going to ask me relating to this? This is the third one you are asking in a row. Next please!

Tell me about your goals
I am no football player. It's a very risky game. A kick on the wrong ball would be devastating.

Who is a good manager?

One who wears a banian, an overcoat and dhothi and works in hilly regions.

Are you a team player?
Yes, if mixed doubles.

What motivates you?
Motivation.

Do you handle conflicts well?
Yes. No. I guess so. Err...I don't know.

Any major problem that you had to deal with recently?
Yes, you.

What is your greatest strength?
My teeth enamel.

If I were to ask one of your professors about you, what would he say?
Bad words.

What are your favourite classes and why?
Library/Seminar. They are free hours.

Do you enjoy doing independent research?
If it's with the girl at the next table, absolutely.

What do you know about our company?
That they are compassionate towards mentally challenged people.

How do you know?
I know you.

If you were to become an animal, which animal would you want to be?
A dog.

Why?
Ivalo periya naai, neeyae inga velai seyyarchae, enakkum velai kidaikkum-nu oru nambikkai dhaan.

Why is your GradePointAverage not higher?
Because it is directly proportional to the mark you get.

If you have to live your life again, what would you change?
My GradePointAverage.

Why did you choose the computer industry?
Software, hardware, silicon..everything about this industry is too exciting.

Why should I recruit you?
Your interviewer was large hearted to give you a job, I am sure you are a good person too.

That's nearly half of what she gave. Hope you find atleast the questions useful,if not the answers. Cheers :-)

Labels: ,


Old Commenting System: